Thursday, January 3, 2008

D.C.

One week ago I was basking in the Florida sunshine, sipping the sweet southern nectar (fountain Diet Coke) and today I find myself struggling to walk as my ankle length down parka hinders each step I take. I am unable move my head from side to side for the scarf wrapped snugly around my neck in an attempt to keep all warmth bottled inside. But what makes matters worse--no fountain Diet Coke! Once we crossed the Mason-Dixon line on Wednesday it was goodbye sunshine and DC, hello snow and Pepsi. When will the midwesterners see the light? The holy light that shines on Diet Coke.

So Katie & Leigh, my partners in addiction, have DC for me! Cheers.

2 comments:

Kiki said...

Sweet nectar of the gods! I will think of you every time I take a sip of the good stuff (don't worry that is quite often!).

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

Pepsi?! How do you do it?