Monday, February 11, 2008

Spring Fever

I'm done. I'm over it. I want nothing more to do with the snow. However, this will prove to be difficult since we are expecting 4-6 inches of snow tonight. Who in their right mind finds this fun? I certainly don't. I'm sick and tired of my weather bug showing temps in the single digits with no end in sight!I was reading The Road of Life blog when I came across "Spring in a Can". You can purchase this snappy little set on Etsy. It is a paint can gussied up with some burlap & twine, a pack of dirt and a few grass seeds. You assemble in the dry, gas heat induced warmth of your home and voila in 5 days you have bright, green grass! It seems that, for now, this is my only hope of springtime. How sad is that?
So, as all you southerners bask in the radiance of the warm sun say a little prayer for me--that I can make it up my ice covered driveway without sliding back down as I lose traction and then that I'm able to scurry into our "cottage" without getting frostbite on any exposed smidgen of skin!

From now on, only sunny thoughts for me!


3 comments:

tangerinetree said...

Hey Sarah,

No snow here, just buckets and buckets of rain. We were in DC this weekend and soaked up as much sun as we were able before returning to the dreary northwest. I am counting the days until spring right along with you. Loved the updates. Hang in there!

Rachel said...

I'm with you on the Iowa weather. I think I'm about over the whole Iowa experience and ready to move on - somewhere WARM. It makes me want to cry just thinking about having to pack the kids up and brave the below zero temps and the awful wind to go with it!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh....I feel so bad for you, wish you were here with me in the sunny south! I am heading to Michigan with Granny on Saturday....yes I am nuts and thinking about how much I will freeze. I get chills thinking about it. Look on the bright side..you only have one more winter to be in that hell hole!!